Saturday, September 25, 2010

Bali: part 1

As I mentioned in my previous "catching up" post today I arrived in Bali on Tuesday after 20+ hours of travel. I was met at the airport by a driver arranged by my father who is here in Bali teaching Astrology classes. It took about an hour car ride to Ubud where I am staying for the majority of the trip (plus some beach time and a quick trip to Java). After arriving two full days were spent here without power due to a coconut tree falling and taking out a power line. There has been more rain this September then ever recorded, or at least that's what someone told me.

It's wet, hot and the most beautiful place I think I have ever been for many various reasons including the landscape, the endless ceremonies- I specifically love the offerings (and their placement) that are left everywhere (called canang sari) and the wild colors.

Without any explanation here are 25 of my favorite photos so far:

Tampak Siring bathing on the full moon in the holy spring water

offerings // canang sari

Bali

follow me: Bali

Biking in Bali: smoking man

Bali

A gambar untuk also known as the snake fruit

Bali

Bali sunrise

offerings // canang sari

Bali

Bali

Bali sunrise

Ubud market

Temple in Ubud market

Just right of Batur volcano

Bali

Biking in Bali: rice paddies

Biking in Bali

Tampak Siring Temple

offerings // canang sari

Biking in Bali

Bali

Tampak Siring Temple on the full moon

108 stairs
I fell super hard on my ass after taking this one.

Full photo set here + more to come if the power stays on.

Love from Bali,
Faythe

6 comments:

Meg said...

Such beautiful photos Faythe! Looks like you're having a wonderful time! have some salak fruit for me!

Jan Halvarson said...

Looks beautiful Faythe!

Kristina said...

absolutely amazing! love the photos - so rich and full of life, color, culture, magic! i want to know more about these astrology classes ... sounds intriguing! xo

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!! Bali is on my *wish list* it looks so dreamy.. Thanks for sharing gorgeous images for us to drool over! Have a blast! xo

Born of the Sea said...

really really beautiful pictures. I am so glad I came across your blog and officially following on bloglovin and twitter!

Can't wait to see more from Bali.
ENjoy!

XXXX
-Morgan (Blackbird Fly)
Blackbird Fly

CassieMarie said...

I want to go to there. :)